Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Getting Organized!

So I have decided to try this coupon thing since the last two times I have gone grocery shopping I have been quite successful! The last two weekends I have been cutting coupons from The Kansas City Star, our Sunday newspaper. I have acquired quite a collection of coupons and decided it was finally time to get organized before my next trip to the grocery store! I found a 13 pocket expanding file (coupon size) at Walmart for about 3$. I then bought a stack of note cards, multi-colored. I have now discovered that for all of my categories 13 pockets was not enough but I was able to combine some of my cards and made it work for now!

My categories are as follows:

BAKING: Supplies (Sugars/Flour,etc) - Cookie/cake mixes - spices
BEVERAGES: Juice - Lemonade - Mixes
CANS: Fruit/Veggies - tomatoes/salsa - soups
CEREAL: General Mills - Kelloggs - other
CLEANERS: Air Fresheners - Candles - Laundry - House - Dishes
CONDIMENTS: Salad Dressing/toppings - Sandwich spreads - Syrups
DAIRY: Yogurt - Produce - Sour Cream - Cheese - Cottage Cheese
FROZEN: Dough - Fruit/Veggies - ice cream - Breakfast - Pizza - meals
HYGIENE: Bodywash - D.O. - Dental - Hair - Lotion - Shaving - Feminine
MEAT: Hot dogs - Lunch - Fresh meat - Sausage
PAPER: Kitchen - Bathroom
MISC: Medication - Baby
SNACKS: Candy/Gum - Cookies - Crackers - Chips - Nuts - Fruits - Granola Bars
STARCHES: Rice - Pasta - Rolls/Dough - Bread - Bagels - Tortillas

That is all I had for this organizer but I am needing a bigger one to add a category for Pets, Restaurants, and other shopping centers that I have coupons for, Target, Joann's, Michael's, etc.

Enjoy! And let me know if you have any questions! I found this idea on Pinterest but thought I'd share!

God Bless!


1 comment:

  1. Looks good, I did a binder. www.krazykouponlady.com has some great tips on organizing!

    ReplyDelete